Re: s6-ps

From: Jonathan de Boyne Pollard <J.deBoynePollard-newsgroups_at_NTLWorld.COM>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2019 04:04:05 +0000

Laurent Bercot:
> That functionality:
> - isn't available in procps.

I think that you should not let that stop you. (-:

Laurent Bercot:
> I modelled the available columns from procps' ones.

I think that you should not take that any further than you have
already. This is the right point to stop. (-:

You have a tool whose usage is a lot less messy, and a fair degree more
straightforward, than that ps. You're fortunate *not* to have all of
the quirky behaviours that I mentioned in the Stack Exchange answer.
Having the three pieces of information in three columns with just three
labels, without all of the ifs and buts, and having the environment
strings be a column in their own right, and not an option that modifies
another column's behaviour, is far simpler to explain.