Re: wrong exit code for sv status in lsb mode

From: David Mountney via supervision <supervision_at_list.skarnet.org>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2019 17:10:13 -0800

This looks like it's still a problem introduced in runit 2.1.2

If you have defined a log handler, only the status of the log handler is
returned by sv status.

Its not clear to me from the changelog why this change was made.

I guess, ideally if the service status was successful, you could then also
check the log status, but as it is now, if the service is down, but the log
is up, sv status reports all is well for its exit codes.

I've seen other references to this bug, where projects have reverted to the
previous runit version: https://github.com/chef/omnibus-software/pull/793

It would be ideal if we could just get this fixed.