Re: Fully worked example of an S6 based system?

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-supervision_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 10:30:07 +0100

On 01/03/2016 04:06, Jeremy Voorhis wrote:
> I've been following the list and technology for a little while, and while I
> feel like I grasp each of the pieces individually, I would like to see an
> example of a system that uses S6 in place of init, syslog, ntpd, etc. I
> have the impression that some single purpose systems as such are in the
> wild, but the opportunity to rummage around on the root fs would be
> instructive.

  Have you seen
  http://linsam.homelinux.com/extra/s6-altsim/jor1k/demos/s6-rc.html ?

  It's pretty nice. The root fs is a little different than what you'd
expect because there are some jor1k quirks to work around, but it's
close.

  I'm also currently working (for a customer) on a set of scripts that builds
a complete, working, s6-based image from scratch which can be used with qemu
as well as copied on a real drive. As soon as I can share it, I will.