Re: argc in s6 vs daemontools

From: Paul Jarc <prj_at_case.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 16:45:44 -0400

Laurent Bercot <ska-skaware_at_skarnet.org> wrote:
> There *may* come a time when I add the handling for N arguments
> to some s6 commands (s6-svc comes to mind), which is another
> reason why I don't want to treat too many arguments as an error
> for now.

I'm in favor of adding that handling, but until that happens I'd say
an error message is appropriate. The command isn't actually doing
what the user probably intends, and it would be helpful to let them
know that. It's all the more helpful if the behavior for that
invocation is likely to change in the future.

paul