The s6-fdholder-listc program
s6-fdholder-listc talks to a
fd-holding daemon on its open
descriptors 6 and 7. It prints on stdout the list of identifiers
of all the fd currently held by the daemon, one per line.
s6-fdholder-listc [ -t timeout ]
- s6-fdholder-listc expects to talk to a listening
s6-fdholderd program on its descriptors 6 and 7.
- It gets the list of identifiers corresponding to the currently held
file descriptors. It prints that list to stdout, one per line.
- It then exits 0, or 1 if the server returned an error.
- -t timeout : if the operation cannot be
processed in timeout milliseconds, then fail with an error message.
Communications with the server should be near-instant, so this option is
only here to protect users against programming errors.
- s6-fdholder-listc is the "internal" version of
s6-fdholder-list. It simply
expects to be run as a UCSPI client, i.e. talking to the server
over descriptors 6 and 7, instead of connecting to the server
- The error messages for the s6-fdholder suite are explained
- The list of identifiers is printed one per line; special
characters - such as newline - are quoted. The output can be
unquoted, for instance, by