Re: S6 logging

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-supervision_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2021 10:55:25 +0000

>I am trying to log the prints coming from daemons like dropbear using
>s6-log, but couldn't make it.
>Am I missing something?

  You really need to improve on your way of asking for help.

"couldn't make it" is not an actionable report. You need to say:
- exactly what you did (you did that, good, but you did not mention
that you were using s6-rc, which may or may not be relevant)
- exactly what you expected (you didn't do that, but it is easy to
figure out)
- exactly what happened (you didn't do that at all and we're left
to guess).

  Going out on a limb, and reading the manual page (I haven't used
dropbear in a little while), I'm guessing that the problem is this:

>/usr/sbin/dropbear -F

  You also need the -E option in order to tell dropbear to send its
error messages to stderr instead of syslog.

  But if it still doesn't work with -F -E, then we'll need more precise
information.