Can you use s6-rc with the sysvinit PID1?

From: Steve Litt <slitt_at_troubleshooters.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 12:48:47 -0400

Hi all,

If I use sysvinit's PID1, is it possible for me to use s6-rc by
declaring an s6-rc program in /etc/inittab?

Also, and this is offtopic, is there a way to tell sysvinit not to run
the programs in /etc/rc.d/rc3.d or whatever? This would make it trivial
to switch between an sysvinit initted system and an s6-rc/s6 supervised
system just by commenting in or out the inittab entry and switching
sysvinit to looop /etc/rc.d/rc3.d?

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt