Re: State of skarnet.org projects

From: fungal-net <fungalnet_at_obarun.org>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2020 12:34:05 +0200

Is it 10 years now that s6 has been around, more or less. For 10 year
old software of its nature it appears as the best kept secret. There
are 3 distributions openly available to various levels of users'
expertise, that are now utilizing s6 init and supervision, Obarun for 4
years, Adelie for about 1, and Artix for a few days. Void is also very
close, I for one use it with s6 and 66 for a while now and in many ways
being more carefree than obarun having fast balls thrown by arch daily.

This should open up the base of people using s6 in a variety of
architectures and purposes, and will inevitably stress test the ability
and reliability of s6, while it may create a significant stress to
skarnet's ability to communicate with all this testing feedback.

I'd like to know what is your view and feeling of this expanding base,
what does it mean to you, and whether you see an influence of the
project by the growing popularity. If I can interpret this announcement
correctly you seem already to be reacting to the Debian s6 incorporation
fiasco more than the projects who have treated s6 with greater respect.

In solidarity
Gus