The "Unix Philosophy 2020" document

From: Casper Ti. Vector <caspervector_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2019 16:38:16 +0800

On Sun, Sep 01, 2019 at 05:11:57PM +0800, Casper Ti. Vector wrote:
> I roughly see. Other programs, like date(1) and conky, do seem to
> output the correct time after resuming, but I (at least recently, and
> you will know why in roughly two to four weeks) really do not have time
> to investigate how that is done.

I finally finished the task I had been working on for almost two months,
and the result is at <https://gitlab.com/CasperVector/up2020/releases>
(cf. the afterword and the first part in the document for its relevance
to the skarnet mailing lists). The first part may serve as a nice
introduction to s6, but will perhaps be a little banal to people that
are already conversant; these people are advised to read the third part.

Although the contents of the document are quite related to our mailing
lists, I do not think Laurent (by the way, I am sorry he might really
disagree with me on many points in the third part) would like to see too
much off-topic discussion on these lists. So please send comments to me
via private mail or GitLab/GitHub issues if they are unrelated to
supervision/skaware; I will be especially interested in comments about:

* Logical fallacies or incorrect evidences (particularly in the first
  part); platitudes or bloated contents.
* Citations that should be added or removed; obvious mismatch between
  the Chinese and English versions (if you happen to understand both).
* Spelling or grammatical mistakes; obscure or wordy passages; aesthetic
  issues with typesetting.

--
My current OpenPGP key:
RSA4096/0x227E8CAAB7AA186C (expires: 2020.10.19)