Re: interesting claims

From: Dewayne Geraghty <dewayne.geraghty_at_heuristicsystems.com.au>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 10:23:19 +1000

Thanks Laurent, the additional insight is appreciated (you should have a
skarnet.org/software/ page for "Insights and Philosophy" ;) )

A few years ago I managed a small outsource, the systems were rebooted
when UPS batteries were replaced or a disk mirror problem arose.
Because we used FreeBSD's jails we could nicely monitor and control the
environment(s), monit helped. I'm looking to do the same this time, but
with HardenedBSD and s6. We're in pursuit of both reliability and
resilience in a headless environment ;)

Sidenote: for Linux folk if curious about "jails" (ie not a chroot jail)
1) https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/jails.html

2)
https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=jail&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=FreeBSD+12.0-RELEASE+and+Ports&arch=default&format=html