[announce] release 0.2.2 of rc-shim

From: Avery Payne <avery.p.payne_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2016 11:49:44 -0800

I'm announcing the release of rc-shim v0.2.2, a small script that is
useful for adding supervision to existing installations already using
SysV-styled rc scripts. I was going to withhold this announcement until
the 0.3 release, but there were some bugs that needed to be addressed.
The following has changed:

* Debugging statements have been re-ordered so they fail immediately
upon detecting a missed setting.

* The STARTWAIT setting was moved in the script to fix a
reference-before-declaration bug.

More importantly, the script is no longer considered experimental. It
appears to be performing its functions consistently and I will be
extending its testing. I would rate it as "alpha" quality, meaning that
some of the settings may be subject to change, but the function of it
will continue as-is.

Source can be obtained with mercurial or git at
https://bitbucket.org/avery_payne/rc-shim. Incremental improvements
will continue with each release and feedback is always appreciated.