Re: nosh: service-dt-scanner gets repeatedly killed by SIGABRT

From: Guillermo <gdiazhartusch_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 22:29:35 -0300

> I wanted to try out nosh daemontools-style, i.e. using
> service-dt-scanner and launching service-manager "by other means"
> [...]
> However, under certain circumstances service-dt-scanner receives a
> SIGABRT signal and dies:

> Remember that I said that my immediate suspicion is a (fourth) libkqueue
> bug? It's a fourth libkqueue bug.
> [...]
> As the inotify(7) manual page says, if an event is larger than the buffer
> size given to read(), it fails with EINVAL. And events can be larger than
> sizeof(struct notify_event). libkqueue doesn't deal with this failure
> properly, leading to a call to abort():

... and using nosh version 1.22, the one that no longer depends on
libkqueue, service-dt-scanner doesn't die anymore. Also, modifying the
scan directory (e.g. placing a symbolic link to a bundle or service
directory with daemontools layout, or directly copying it) correctly
triggers a scan, which previously didn't work very well for me either.

http://www.mail-archive.com/supervision%40list.skarnet.org/msg01043.html

So problem solved. Thank you, this is a major improvement.
G.