Re: Describing daemontools in 300 words?

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-supervision_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2015 02:27:12 +0200

On 13/06/2015 02:21, Steve Litt wrote:
> If you had to describe daemontools, in the context of a general purpose
> process manager, to a technical person, in 300 words, what things would
> you say and what things would you leave out?

  At this point I have to ask: are you using "daemontools" as a generic
name for supervision suites, or as the original suite from DJB? If the
latter, why are you advertising it over s6 or runit, which provide the
same functionality but are actually maintained ?

  (I'm not asking out of spite, I'm asking because if there's something
you find in daemontools that you don't find in s6, I want to add it.
I've gone far to make sure s6 was an improvement over daemontools in
every possible way, and if I have missed something, I want to know.)