[ANNOUNCE] Supervision Scripts Framework r30

From: toki clover <tokiclover_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 12:18:02 +0200

Hello Fellow Supervision Users,

Just announcing quickly moving to supervision[1] instead of
supervision-scripts[2].
Actually, [2] was not intended to be a project--this is where come the
"release and
be done with it" since r1. [2] was actually a play ground started in early
February,
after starting playing with supervision/Runit in January, as a personal
repository
which shared a few custom scripts I was using at the time hoping that it
might help
other users because I did not find anything satisfactory but a few short
`run' scripts.

Enter a proper project repos then. Still the old history is not there.
Judging from the
53 initial commits,--one for each API related file and one for each
service,--the 495
commits of [2] is not too much which I thought were superfluous...some
times ago.

Second minor update is the use of `getopt(1)' in `checkpatch' and
`sv-shutdown'
which now support Daemontools-[encore] properly. A few helpers, notably
`svc_add()'
could benefit from it, however, that helper is called for each
`svc_start()' used with
service dependency and could become expansive...

After migrating all daemons to supervision, my machine boot in half a dozen
of
seconds--OpenRC (sysinit+boot+default) & supervision/Runit in about 5
seconds!
Lighting speed if you ask me...

So, I am reluctant to add costly commands/calls.

Enjoy easy supervision.

[1]: https://github.com/tokiclover/supervision
[2]: https://github.com/tokiclover/supervision-scripts

--
Error 404: gentoo user <0123456789> was not found