Re: s6, musl and ENOENT

From: Gorka Lertxundi <glertxundi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 00:40:16 -0800 (PST)

Hi Laurent,

It was my fault, I thought the problem was related to standard libc vs musl but it wasn’t. How I was doing the packaging was the source of the problem.

Using --prefix in my ./configure parameters sets SKALIBS_ETC to $prefix/etc and then skalibs will try to find leapsecs.dat in that directory. As packaging is done using relative directories in order to know which files should be included runtime file resolution will fail.

I solved this replacing SKALIBS_ETC in config.h (instead of using --datadir) after configuring and before make’n. This will compile/install in one directory and lookup in runtime for the etc files in another.

This was the building script: https://github.com/glerchundi/container-s6-builder/blob/master/rootfs/build-latest

Thanks.