Looking for scripts that people want to share

From: Avery Payne <avery.p.payne_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 08:01:39 -0800

To everyone on the mailing list, Happy Holidays!

I am asking for a holiday present from the mailing list: do you have any
service definition scripts you would like to share for daemontools / runit
/ s6?

The supervision-scripts project is intended to provide a unified set of
process control scripts for all three frameworks, using the list of defined
services in Debian 7's SysV init.d directory as a guide to what needs to be
written. Having a large list of control scripts will reduce the amount of
effort spent on "re-inventing the wheel", and will also help with the
adoption of those frameworks by giving a generic "out-of-box" experience
with a large set of ready-to-go definitions, instead of having to craft
them by hand.

https://bitbucket.org/avery_payne/supervision-scripts

The project is not currently licensed but I am getting ready to either
select the BSD 3-clause or the Apache 2.0 license. If there are concerns
over reciprocation I am more than happy to work out any details, or if
needed, change the license terms. I will now publicly state that the code
is meant to be shared and used, so don't be afraid to ask or look! Most
likely the license will show up before the start of the weekend.

Work is moving forward slowly, but at 73 definitions I am far behind the
120 needed for a 0.1 release by January 1. I am looking for other
repositories that contain supervision scripts that are willing to share
their results. Every repository that can share already-debugged scripts
will help reduce the time on the project. In return, I will list any
contributions in the project's documentation, and will be happy to share
any settings or results that I find.

I have been able to locate the following repositories online, and will
contact the authors shortly:

https://github.com/karasz/s6-scripts
https://github.com/jdeblese/slackware-s6
https://github.com/rubyists/runit-services
https://github.com/voidlinux/void-runit
https://github.com/adamhjk/mongrel_runit
https://bitbucket.org/rbistolfi/runit-services
https://github.com/nmandery/daemontools-scripts
https://github.com/nrr/daemontools-service-fossil

So far, the runit-for-lfs project has graciously donated their efforts
towards this goal, and in doing so I was able to add definitions in much
less time. A big Thank-You for their help!

Does anyone else have scripts to share?