Re: Is runit not being maintained?

From: Wayne Marshall <wcm_at_b0llix.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 08:58:07 -0700

On Tue, 22 Jul 2014 16:57:56 -0500
Joe M <joe9mail_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> I read that dragora moved from runit to perp as runit was not being
> maintained.
>
> Just wanted to check if runit is not being actively maintained and if
> perp is a better option going forward.

Of course perp is a better option going forward. And I get to say that
because I wrote it :>

As for considering "actively maintained" as a metric for software
quality, what does this really mean? Is a project that makes a flurry
of releases, always in constant flux, changing specifications, creeping
featurism, really in some way better than a similar project that is
stable, mature, proven, working well, and not in need of constant fixes?

Wayne