Re: Can s6-tlsd use openssl, rather than libressl?

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-skaware_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 02:29:15 +0000

>Thanks to Ilaia's email, I looked into using s6-tlsd, but I'm a bit
>confused about what libraries are needed, and hopefully not libressl?

s6-networking can be built against either bearssl or libressl; it's a
choice you make at configure time.
LibreSSL was chosen, you guessed it, because of libtls, which is a
half-decent, workable API, whereas the OpenSSL API is just not. There
will never be an OpenSSL version.

If you won't use LibreSSL, then you should build s6-networking against
BearSSL instead; it is by far the best choice anyway, and if you're
already using it in boot code, there's no reason why you can't use it
in userland code. :)