Re: s6-log timestamp bug after resuming; Plan 9 $path and /package

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-skaware_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2019 05:40:55 +0000

  Thanks Guillermo. I should have thought about this. So Linux is doing
the right thing (fixing CLOCK_REALTIME on resume), and the problem
only appears with CLOCK_MONOTONIC. It is indeed one of the drawbacks
of using --enable-monotonic when you need a wall clock. And it is a
skalibs problem that it only has a compile-time switch.

[ Casper ]
>So the supposed changes at [1] will come true?
>(As a user, I will surely be glad about the effects.)
>[1] <https://skarnet.org/cgi-bin/archive.cgi?2:msp:1472:kofjcklmknnlioafmfgm>

  I don't think I'll completely overhaul and duplicate the tai.h
functions; in particular, the concept of having one true time source
is very useful and I don't want to part with it if at all possible.
But your report - thank you for it! - is proof that --enable-monotonic
is a bad choice and has to go; and I'll find something with run-time
configurability to replace it.