Re: Debianization

From: SZÉPE Viktor <viktor_at_szepe.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2018 07:48:23 +0200

Idézem/Quoting Colin Booth <colin_at_heliocat.net>:

> On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 11:10:33PM +0000, Laurent Bercot wrote:
>> > Have any started (thinking about) packaging skalibs, execline and s6
>> > the Debian policy-obeying way?
>>
>> What does that mean? If it's just FHS, skarnet.org follows FHS by
>> default, so there's no problem here. Are there other constraints
>> restricting what a Debian package can do?
> It's technically a pile of things:
> libs/skalibs (the .so)
> lib-devel/skalivs-dev (the .a for compiling against
> lang/execline
> lib/libexecline (the .so)
> lib-devel/libexecline-dev (the .a again)
> and so on. I have sort-of complaint packages that I used to get my build
> chain working for a project at work, but correctly separating stuff is a
> chunk of work. Doable, just obnoxious.

In a previous message:

> ... into both .deb's and .rpm's using fpm without much fuss.

That much fuss includes 859 lintian tags e.g. gcc hardening, rc
scripts for essential Debian packages, a systemd->s6 migration utility
etc.
https://lintian.debian.org/tags.html

So basically I type apt-get install s6 and it makes systemd disappear,
and all these basic services work after reboot:

cgroupfs-mount
console-setup.sh
cron
dbus
hwclock.sh
keyboard-setup.sh
kmod
networking
procps
rsync
rsyslog
ssh
udev

Is there a documentation how to turn e.g. 'networking' into an s6 rc?

SZÉPE Viktor, honlap üzemeltetés / Running your application
https://github.com/szepeviktor/debian-server-tools/blob/master/CV.md
--
ügyelet/hotline: +36-20-4242498  sms_at_szepe.net  skype: szepe.viktor
Budapest, III. kerület