Re: SIGFPE in s6-rc-init 3.0.0 etc,...

From: Steffe - <stefffe_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 01:13:29 +0100

On Sat, Dec 23, 2017 at 2:01 PM, Laurent Bercot <ska-skaware_at_skarnet.org>
wrote:

> Thanks. It confirms what I had figured out (something's wrong in
>> the way gensetdyn_ready() computes its new size)
>>

> Well I just noticed you're linking against libskarnet.so.2.5.1.1.
> As I said before, it is a *known bug* in skalibs-2.5.1.1, which has
> been fixed in 2.6.0.0.
>
> Please try with the latest skalibs version (2.6.2.0) and tell me
> if the problem is still happening for you. If there's still an
> issue with skalibs-2.6.2.0 I would like to fix it before the next
> release; the release is pretty much blocked on this now.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Laurent

Sorry, I have been away over X-mas,...

Ahm, a bit uncertain how that happened. I must have tried various skalib
versions and accidently linked it wrong,... Sorry about that.

I tested now with s6-rc version 0.3.0.0 and skalibs 2.6.0.1 and the SIGFPE
is gone. If I just run everything it seems to work OK. But when I tried to
run it through Valgrind I did get an assert, but I don't know if that might
be related to valgrind or not. The output is here:
http://steffe.net/s6/valgrind_skalib_2.6.0.1.txt

I also tried the same with s6-rc 0.3.0.1 and skalibs 2.6.2.0 and got a
similar assert. Output is here:
http://steffe.net/s6/valgrind_skalib_2.6.2.0.txt

But it seems like the problem with the SIGFPE must have been related to
linking against the old 2.5.1.1. Thanks for helping out on that one!
Looking forward to the new release! :o)

Best Regards
Stefan Nilsson