Using execline in place of shell for s6/s6-rc setup: environment variables?

From: Robert Hill <hilljamesrobert_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2017 13:21:47 -0500

Hello list,

I am trying to determine whether is feasible and sane for me to try to port
Slackware's init scripts that initialize such things as filesystems, kernel
modules, network interfaces, etc. I would be trying to write these in
execline as oneshot services to be started by s6-rc at the very beginning
of the dependency tree.

The problem I am anticipating is that with execline, it seems as though I
will not have access to any of the shell environment variables that
Slackware uses heavily for its rc scripts. Since my (admittedly insane)
goal is to provide a drop-in replacement for all Slackware rc scripts, I
would need some way to replicate these variables or keep them intact.

Is this an issue that people have run into before, or am I fundamentally
misunderstanding something?

--
Robert Hill