Re: execline: accessing LASTEXITCODE environment variable

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-skaware_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 08:25:30 +0100

> This is contrary to the documentation, but it appears to set
> the environment variable '?', not LASTEXITCODE:

  Ah, I'm sorry, I forgot to update the foreground documentation. My bad.

  Starting with execline-1.3.0, LASTEXITCODE has been changed to ?
and LASTPID to ! ; and the pipeline utility also sets ! .
  Documentation now updated.

  You can get the old behaviour by compiling with -DEXECLINE_OLD_VARNAMES,
but please do not rely on this for too long. (execline-2.0 is just around
the corner, and I may or may not remove support for old variables.)